Welcome!

Welcome to Ms. White's Classroom Blog! I will be blogging about what I'm up to this summer as well as the books I will be enjoying. I will be discussing the books, as well as my thoughts and questions pertaining to the reading. Feel free to comment, and add your own thoughts and questions. It's going to be a wonderful summer! Happy reading!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Interesting read: "Lulu Meets God and Doubts Him" complete!

I just finished this debut novel by Danielle Ganek. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The title of this book is the name of the masterpiece painting that the artist in the novel displays for an art show before he gets hit by a cab and dies, thus increasing the value of his work, and the frenzy that follows to own a piece of  his now-famous paintings. The title is a reflection of the spiritual journey that ensues during the creative process. He believed that through creating something you are the closest to God, and discussed the doubt that naturally comes from questioning your talent or abilities during this creative process. It was an insightful, easy read, and was written from the perspective of a girl working in the art gallery. It was the first book I read that involved the art world, and I would like to read more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment